It is so very easy to look at our husbands and see the bad….admit it, sometimes we see the dirty clothes all over the floor, the toothpaste tube squeezed from the middle, the kids need baths and he’s watching football on tv, I made this wonderful dinner and he didn’t even bother to call me to tell me he was late! All of these things compound up, day after day, but have you taken the time to look for the positive?
Love, what is it? A feeling? No. Feelings come and go like waves lapping on the beach. Love is a commitment. Love works through that laundry on the floor and sees the man who fixed your washing machine so you don’t have to drag all your unmentionables back down to the laundrymat again this week. Love looks past all the wrongs, the faults, the sin…and sees him through God’s eyes. A cherished human being that God sacrificed his Son for. Agape. That’s what love is. It’s not a crush, you don’t love him like ice cream (well, maybe you do…), but it’s self sacrificing love.
Here’s my challenge to you. Sit down and instead of writing down all his faults, take a moment and finish this statement with 10 answers
“I love him because….”
Here’s mine…in no particular order
I love him because….
1. he loves me unconditionally.
2. he can do anything he sets his mind to.
3. he is a wonderful father to our two children.
4. he is a gentle and thoughtful lover.
5. he is so devoted to his family.
6. he works 6 days a week to provide for us and to care for his ailing father.
7. he calls me sexy on a daily basis.
8. he pursued me relentlessly, and helped me to see he was whom God intended for me.
9. he would never leave me or forsake me for any reason.
1o. he’s my best friend.
Can you do it? If you don’t want to post it in the comment section, write them out and put it in a special place where he’ll find it. You will make his day! Happy writing!! :)
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.