Anytime I go to login to my email account, I always check out the yahoo articles to see what is new and interesting. I happened on this article about 7 health benefits of sexual intercourse. So besides being an intimate bonding time with your spouse, you are getting some wonderful health benefits, too! Here are some of the health benefits:
1. Sex = exercise: your burning calories!
2. Sex keeps you looking younger: I would want to see more proof on this one, but if it is true, ladies, could this be our fountain of youth?
3. It’s good for your heart: wanna lower your blood pressure? want a better chance of not having a heart attack? sex can help!
4. Sex boosts immunity: immunoglobin A is produced more often which helps your immune system. It would be interesting to see if I get less colds and sinus infections, since immunoglobin a (igA) works with your nose, eyes, ears, digestive tract and vagina to protect those areas from outside foreign substances.
5. It can cure the common headache….kind of: Intimacy and bonding helps you to relax, and oxytocin is released during sex which helps decrease pain.
6. Sex gets the blood pumping: sex increases blood flow which gets oxygen molecules moving through out your body and you feel better.
7. Sex helps you sleep better: oxytocin not only can help decrease pain and increase endorphins, but it relaxes you so you can sleep better.
Do you think any of these hold water? I think these can offer some of these benefits, but I am not trying it out on my next sinus headache to see if it works! :) What other benefits do you think sex has on your physical health?
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.